Each week, SL team rounds up the songs we can’t get enough of and believe others should definitely check out. With that being said, here they are, in no particular order.
1. Atlanta’s Boregard. delivers his brand new project ‘Trustfall2.’ The 8-song project is a follow-up to his 2018 release. Displaying a sign of growth, Boregard.’s comes through with hard-hitting tracks that display his artistry nicely. Check out ‘Without Me‘ featuring Tom The Mail Man down below.
2. My Favorite Color comes through with his latest single ‘Gold‘ featuring Sierra Sellers. Similar to what we’re used to hearing from MFC, the new offering manages to display his distinct sound while Sellers’ smoothing background vocals make for a compelling listen. Peep it down below.
3. New Jersey’s Kaleb Mitchell has been having himself a year. His most recent offering ‘Fool‘ featuring Xavier Omär gets a stunning visual that helps bring the record to life in a way that makes for an eye-catching display. Check out the new video below.
4. When it comes to New York City’s blossoming hip-hop scene, Auntie Naj seems to have made herself comfortable on its fringe. Naj makes music that expresses her true self, her specific pen, and mutating styles eluding broad categorization. Her new video ‘Nobody‘ alludes to her artistry nicely.
5. Brz’s has been on our radar since the release of his last EP ‘Your Favorite Abstraction!.’ His latest video for ‘Paradise‘ has a cinematic look to it that captures his unique aesthetic.
6. Compton, CA-based songstress The Moon shares her new video ‘Welcome To The Moon.’ The singer belts out emotional lyrics that capture her essence and mellifluous vocals nicely. Check out the new video down below.
7. Rising Atlanta artist Neila continues to build off the momentum she’s had all year. Following the blue alien character, we met in the music video for ‘Stupid Mf‘ another outstanding song from her EP, ‘Fck Me Up‘ is a psychedelic adventure that brings you to the 70’s era with its live instrumentation and trippy visuals.
8. Denver, CO-based artist Schama Noel taps Masta Ace for a lyrical onslaught in the form of ‘The Last Dragons.’ Making sure the spirit of real MC’s are still intact, both artists take turns delivering over the boom-bap production in a way that will force you to run this one back a few times. Peep it down below.